Picture Framing Close-out & Chair Caning Restoration in Asheville, NC
Studio Hours 12-5 Monday-Friday
or by appointment
We will be CLOSED during the holidays on the following dates:
Wed Dec 24-Sun Dec 28
Wed Dec 31-Thurs Jan 1
Welcome to Planet Art.
We are a small shop that specializes in Chair Caning Restoration and dabbles in picture framing…until 2015….stay tuned for a major yART sale and good bye to Planet Art Event!
We are in the process of clearing out our picture framing inventory to focus on the chair business. Now on sale:
- Acid free matboards 5/$1 small and 3/$5 medium.
- Acid free mats with backing 8×10 with 5×7 window 5/$10
- Readymade frames including glass, mat, backing, and assembly: $30 til they’re gone!
- Featuring Asheville Grown Business Alliance GO LOCAL posters and t-shirts
- 15% off custom framing & $5 off Go Local T-shirts with your Go Local Card through Dec 31, 2014.
- Wanderlust Images Travel Photography 8×10 matted photos buy 1 get 1 free!
- Resident Artist Hobie’s Porch Chair Caning.
THANK YOU PICTURE FRAMING CLIENTS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
When we opened the shop in 2010 we decided to do both picture framing and chair caning because we had no idea the amount of chair business we were in for! We thought the chairs would be a corner of the shop in the form of a resident artist. For four years we have been playing musical chairs and the picture framing business has been a nice distraction. Well, it is time to focus on chairs and spread chair nerdery to the world!
Hobie’s Porch Chair Caning: providing exceptional craftsmanship and care in restoring woven chair seats. A family tradition since 1890. Laced & woven cane, rush weaving, Hickory splint, Danish cord and more. Visit www.gochairrepair.com to learn more about repairs and other interesting stuff. Stop by the studio to see our restored chairs for sale and all of the exciting things happening in the River Arts District.
WE ARE NOW OFFERING CHAIR CANING CLASSES! Visit http://gochairrepair.com/workshops/ to learn more.